Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patricks Day!

At this time, I am on a break in the middle of a double shift. For the lunch shift, I worked as a server. Tonight, for the dinner shift, I am working as a host.

In the event that I am unable to make it to NYC tonight, I send my condolences, as well as a Happy Birthday, to my friend Ray. I would also like to wish everyone a Happy St. Patricks Day. Yours truly is proudly 25% Irish, so this is more or less geared towards me as well. May all the people of Irish decent chow down on corn beef and hash and get drunk off lots of beer!

I, on the other hand, am going back to work at 4:30. With today being St. Patricks Day, and Olive Garden being an Italian Restaurant, any chance that the restaurant will be less busy as a result of the holiday? Corn beef and hash, or Tour of Italy???

Ummmmm...

Yeahhhhhh.... the restaurant will probably still be busy.

For God's sake, there was a man who came to the restaurant earlier this week, with his buddy, to have soup, salad, and breadsticks. His wife, or girlfriend, was about to GO INTO LABOR!!!! Yes, that's right! She was about to have a baby!!! Once again, where was her significant other??? You got it - the fucking Olive Garden! Go figure!

Therefore, it is rather difficult for me to determine whether or not St. Patricks Day will stop the Olive Garden vultures from coming in tonight or not.

If I can't make it to NYC for Ray's birthday, perhaps I will celebrate my Irish background with a few cold adult beverages here at the homestead.

Until next time, enjoy the holiday and be safe!

Peace.

No comments: