Sunday, March 05, 2006

Short-term and long-term look ahead!

Ahhhh yes, today was a pretty calm and uneventful day off from work, but I can not complain.

According to the calendar, there are only about two more weeks of winter. Before we know it, spring will be here. Bye-bye winter! You have overstayed your welcome and now it is time for you to leave.

Tomorrow I am working at 11:30 as a server. Ross, one of the bussers, is unable to work tomorrow night, so I will be covering his bussing shift at dinner time. Technically, that makes me a split tomorrow. Pleased, am I, to pick up his bussing shift. Working as a server all day has a tendency to occasionally chip away at my shoulders. Work should not be, at all, that bad tomorrow.

Next Saturday night, I will be participating in Kegs and Eggs with Jaime, Gena, and Ken. The event will begin at Murphys in D-town. Supposedly, after drinking kegs of beer all night, we will be transported via train to Morristown to chow down on eggs and whatever else there is for us drunks to eat. Laura and James may be joining us as well. The more the merrier!

At this time, I am going to bed so I can rest up for tomorrow's double at the Olive Garden. Perhaps I will dream of the warmer weather, beach time, ocean breeze, and sunlight that I will pleasantly feel sooner or later. I want sun. I want a somewhat enjoyable yet lucrative job/career, so please wish me luck with my second interview at Fairfield Resorts this Tuesday at 9:30am. Lord knows I will take all the good luck I can get.

Along with a rewarding job, I also yearn to feel the sand underneath me at the beach, with the sun brightly shining down on me and coloring me with a nice tanned complextion. Spring, I will be expecting you soon. Summer, I await your arrival a few months later.

Money. Summer. Tan. Health. Respect. Good living.

Yes, I believe I want all of those and all of those I shall have very very soon. Ambition, as is the ability to visualize the big picture, is crucial in my soon-to-be achievements.

No comments: