Saturday, April 01, 2006

I have decided...

I have become quite adamant in the notion of sticking with my server position, which is my current job at the Olive Garden, on a full-time basis.

Being a waiter is a newly-found passion of mine. Tips, regardless of the amount one receives, can only be a positive thing. Making guests happy is truly what is most important. They are who we work for.

If my guests were happy with their dining experience, and they truly like me, they will tell me I did a great job and come back again for another meal. Hell, they may even request me the next time they come in.

Ladies and gentlemen... money is not everything. I know it's shocking to many of you, but what ever happened to a smile and friendly pat on the back as encouragement to compensate for a job well done??? Perhaps some of you greedy waiters and waitresses are primarily in the business for the big bucks that restaurants like the Olive Garden can potentially provide, but I am here to educate you in life. Money is not everything.

For those particular reasons, my intrigue in the tasks at hand, as well as the job itself, is just escalating to another level. Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks... what more can I say?? Great promotion on the commercial. It keeps the people coming back for more and that is what a waiter should dream of and pray for.

There is more great news, in addition to everything else I have mentioned.

The managers decided that they are going to add gratuity to Soup, Salad, and Breadstick checks, to compensate for our running around!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! I think that is absolutely marvelous!!! This job really is getting much better and I plan to stay for the long term.

And guess what else????

.
.
.
.






APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

HOLY CRAP! Thats two years in a row that you got me. I just walked in from a double at carinos and I only made $90. I was about to call you and tell you that you were NUTS!

The Great One said...

LMAO!!! Wasn't it that Jaime was pregnant last year, or something to that effect????