Friday, April 21, 2006

Period of idleness...

Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a while since I wrote a post, but that is because there has not been much to report. This has been a major period of idleness in my life.

Jaime and I are now officially split up, as you may know by seeing the marital status on our myspace pages. Or perhaps you know through close aquaintances of ours. In any case, I am indeed single once again for the first time in three and a half years. Pretty crazy, huh? A little shocking, and quite sad, at first, but most of my sadness came in the months leading up to the ordeal. It was as if Superman got struck with Kryptonite.

Might we get back to together in the future? Perhaps. Perhaps not. There is no telling what the future holds. Neither of us rule out that possibility, but we also do not care to look into the future in search of that possibility. Times like this require one to roll with the punches and go along with the current scenario. She will have time to focus on her day to day duties. I, too, will have time to achieve some goals of mine and live the life of a handsome and single young man with no relationship responsibilities. We both come out of this as winners!

To quote the brilliant Modern American poet Robert Frost, "the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse."

Props to Frost for his words of his wisdom in that piece. What verse shall I contribute next? Maybe my readers can give their thoughts and ideas. This is not the end of the world AT ALL. A little sad? Sure! I would be lying if I said it was not sad.

However, my life is far from over. The world did not come to an end. Jaime and I are still great friends, which is rare under such circumstances. I will cope with this ordeal, learn to live with it, enjoy life, and have lots of fun! Life is too short to be wasted in depression over a tragedy.

Feel free to comment on here, or hit me up at my Myspace. That is all for now.

Peace.

No comments: