Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Another successful hotel night!

Trip to Monmouth University today?

Today is a beautiful day and the weather is sensational. Not to hot. Not too cold. Just right.

Yesterday was a nice day for Jaime and I. As I stated yesterday, we rented a room for the night at the Days Inn in Neptune. Prior to our hotel room fun, we went to Johnny Carinos for dinner. There was a Dinner for Two - $21.99 special (which expires on May 31, 2006) that allows two guests to get an entree each, sour or salad and bread, and a dessert for the two people to share. Jaime and I benefited from this deal by ordering entrees, caesar salads, and a dessert (which I ate most of, lol).

Jaime ordered the Bowtie Festival, while I ordered the Chicken Fettucine. The Chicken Fettucine is tossed with a creamy romano cheese sauce, unlike like the Chicken Alfredo at the Olive Garden which is prepared with O.G.'s signature alfredo sauce. Jaime's entree was delicious. So was the Tiramasu we ordered for dessert. The tiramasu's ingredients, as was mentioned on the menu, included rum and coffee liquors.

Immediately upon reading those ingredients, Jaime asks me, "Do we have to be 21 years old to order this dessert because it includes rum and liquor?" Instantly, I let out a loud and obnoxious laugh. I thought that was hilarious. The baby, who was seated in a high chair with its family at the table next to ours, began laughing as she saw me laughing. It was quite a comical scene, but that was a funny question. Anybody of any age can order the Tiramasu, at least to my knowledge.

The theme of our hotel adult fun consisted of Gilmore Girls (starting us off on a rather shallow ground), Yago Sangria, Kicking and Screaming (a relatively new Will Ferrell movie Jaime and I were totally unfamiliar with up until last night), Wayne's World 2, and of course... activities that hotel rooms are used for other than sleeping. HAHA. Use your imagination, horn dogs!!!

We had an incomparable, yet ever so familiar, dinner and hotel room evening.

In a little while, it appears that Jaime and I will be taking a trip to Monmouth University so she can purchase the school books for her summer graduate school courses. On a day as wonderful as today, that should be a nice little drive.

Might I be going to Monmouth University for graduate school sometime down the line? There has been some speculation in regards to that idea. With me moving to Monmouth County later this year, the idea makes sense. Monmouth also has a really legitimate business program at the graduate level, particularly in regards to finance. We'll see as the time draws closer to my moving period in November/December.

For now, it's time to sit back with Jaime and relax for a little while, as we watch television before heading to Monmouth. Take care and stay tuned for more in the near future folks.

1 comment:

THE SARCASTIC ONE! said...

Kicking and Screaming is a funny movie. I have seen that movie sooooooooooooo many times because I used to watch it a lot at Target.