Sunday, May 14, 2006

You have to see Just Friends!

"When Jaime smiles, it takes me miles, from where I feel unsure. When Jaime smiles, I realize, that she's no ordinary girl. No ordinary girl!"
-Stalkers National Anthem

Last Tuesday, when Jaime and I hung out up here in D-town, we rented the movie Just Friends (2005) starring Ryan Reynolds. What a movie! This film has some really great punchlines that make for comical inside jokes with some of the folks at work.

The story, best categorized as a romance comedy, is about this dude named Chris Brander, played by the gifted Ryan Reynolds, who is a shy overweight teenager who has a crush on a girl by the name of Jamie Palamino. Unfortunately, she only likes Chris "as a friend." He's in the friend zone, as stated on many occasions throughout the movie. Ten years later, Chris is thinner, more suave, and carries a much more attractive appearance and demeanor. During a visit home to New Jersey, coming from Los Angeles where he moved after high school to become a music executive, Chris once again attempts to win Jamie's heart, while his brother distracts the pop diva client that Chris brought with him to Jersey. Well, go see the movie for yourself. I can only describe so much! LOL.

Here are some comical quotes from the movie, which I found to be hillarious!


When Jaime smiles, it takes me miles, from where I feel unsure. When Jaime smiles, I realize, she's no ordinary girl. No ordinary girl!

You have her poster on your wall?
I slapped the ham to it like an hour ago.
What ham did you slap? Not the ham that I just bought?

One sugar mommy supreme for the chubby bunny!
Excuse me, um, this isn't going to work for me.
But this is what you always order.
Yeah... ten years ago, when I was a whale...

I'm BUSSSSYYYYY!!!!!
I'M busy! Stupid DICK!!!

The guy's looking for the ANGER BANG!!!!!

You see him play that guitar? It's like he has 15 fingers. Everybody loves him. I can't compete with this guy!
You can't compete? Are you kidding me? You're Chris Brander. You're Hollywood! You date models. He's Jersey. He skies in his JEANS!

I'm gonna get you FIRED. I hope you enjoy unemployment, DICK WEED.

She wants a sensitive guy; more like the old me. Well if she wants Mister Rogers, then I'm gonna show her the biggest pussy she's ever seen.


You have to see this movie. I enjoyed it and I highly recommend it.

No comments: