Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Would you like fresh centipedes with your entree???

Who needs freshly grated cheese when you can get centipedes?!?!?

At 9am today, I had my interview in Morristown with representatives from Wachovia Corporation who were interested in interviewing me for a temp to hire job as an administrative assistant.

The job description, what it entails, and what it pays, really intrigued me. For a job that could very well be temperary, I was impressed with the pay. The position appears to be a lucrative temporary position that could gain me valuable work experience in the business field and earn me some substantial income for the summer. They suggested that they would be in touch. I hope I land this job. That would certainly be a sweet deal. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Today I was off from work at the Olive Garden, but I worked a double shift yesterday. Last year around this time, the restaurant was infested with fruit flies. The restaurant opened for business on May 23, 2005. Fruit flies? That's okay, O.G.! We all understand that you must crawl before you walk. Afterall, that was only your first year open for business. Following grand openings, restaurants must have step by step heights of gradual progress that they can all aspire to. What does June 2006 have in store for guests?

Centipedes falling directly from the ceiling.

Yes, I said it. The restaurant has a bigger infestation of centipedes this year than it had of fruit flies last year!

Upon returning to the restaurant for my dinner shift at 5pm, I see one of the managers taking a dish of Three Cheese Ravioli back to the kitchen from one of the tables. This three cheese didn't have freshly grated romano cheese on it... it had a freshly fallen centipede from the ceiling.

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!! That is all I have to say about that!

I wish I could wear a hat to work. Better yet, here's to hoping that Wachovia, or one of these companies, sees the light!

No comments: