Sunday, October 01, 2006

An evening with Bill Dyer... and Becky Kovach!!

Friday night was a throwback of sorts, when I went out with Bill Dyer for food and drinks. The third person who came along with us happened to be Rebecca Kovach, a girl who was in our high school class. I had not seen Rebecca since she walked in our high school graduation ceremony back in June 1999!!!

What a blast from the past. I remember her running on the girls track team in high school and she was a quiet girl. Last night, I definitely noticed a different person in the sense that she is more outgoing in the present day than she was then. She's definitely good people. She was in high school and she is now... just more outgoing and less shy these days.

Ironically, she made similar implications in regards to my personality. She claims I am more talkative and energetic now than I was back in the day. This just goes to show how people can change over the years.

Anyway, Bill, Becky, and I went to Fridays to get some food. After being seated at our table, it took at least half an hour for our server to greet us. After about 20 minutes, I finally got up from the table, approached the host who had seated us, and asked him who our server was. He asked me what table were at, and I pointed it out to him. He assured me that he would get our server for us. Fair enough.

I went back to our table and sat down with Becky and Bill, only to wait for approximately 10 more minutes. At this point Bill got up and walked over to talk to the hosts and servers and informed them just how long we had to wait. Finally, our waiter made his way over to the table and took our order. All three of us started off with Coronas.

Once we got those Coronas in our system, everything was fine and we were in a jolly state of mind as we drank our beers and talked amongst each other. During this time, I commented that it was so random that the three of us were hanging out, realizing that we never did in high school. No question that it was random, but very cool!

The food was not bad at all. I ordered the Cajun Chicken Pasta, which is my favorite dish at Fridays, but the dish that the food runner ran out to me was definitely NOT Cajun Chicken Pasta!!! At first, I was like, what the fuck??? Nonetheless, I took a look at the entree, thought about it, and decided that I would eat it. Perhaps they gave me the Asian Chicken Pasta (if there is such a menu item at Fridays)???? It looked more like an Asian entree.

Bill ordered the Artichoke Spinach Dip appetizer, while Becky ordered quesadillas and Buffalo Chicken Wings. The Buffalo Chicken Wings were incredible, as I ended up eating most of them. Becky was getting full from the quesadillas. I also had more than my fair share of the Artichoke Dip. LOL.

After our dinner at Fridays, we made our way over to the Canal House in Wharton. When Bill, Becky, and I first arrived at the joint, I started off with this Irish dark beer called Schmidicks. Schmidicks is a nice dark beer that goes down rather smoothly. That was my first time drinking it and it certainly did not disappoint. I bought Becky a Sam Adams Octoberfest and Bill a Corona.

After finishing up the Schmidicks, I also drank a Octoberfest. Not bad, but it is no match for Sam Adams Summer Ale! Not at all! Not even CLOSE! Good beer, though. Following the Octoberfest, Becky bought me a Sam Adams which was very nice of her. There's no question that Sam Adams is one of my favorite beers.

The three of us were having a grand old time, drinking our beers as we sat down at one of the booths in the bar. Some other folks from high school joined us later in the evening, so we moved to a bigger booth. I was completely TANKED. We ended up buying pitchers of beer. Either Coors Light or Budweiser, I don't remember exactly what we ordered pitchers of. That explains just far gone I was getting. LOL.

To sum up the entire evening, I was happy that I decided to go out with Bill and Becky because we all had a sensational time talking, drinking, and joking around. We will have to do that again sometime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget beers with your boy Scott on Tuesday night