Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weekend Buzz: Murphys, spontaneous 609 Getaway, etc.

Currently, I am in one of the computer labs at The Richard Stockton College of NJ. Yes, I decided to drive down here earlier today to make another getaway from the homestead.

Thankfully, I was fortunate enough to hang out with Jack, Colleen (who is staying on campus with Frank for the weekend), and Frank. We went to a party on campus, which brought back memories of the old crazy times I used to enjoy here as a student. For the first time in YEARS, I drank a ... KEYSTONE LIGHT! WOW. I had not had one of those since my early Stockton partying days. This truly was a throwback, one that amused me somewhat.

Colleen had some really good news for me, informing me that she had a job interview for a teachers aid position this Tuesday. Even better, the job is a temporary position lasting until June and obviously she has the weekends off. I was very pleased to hear this news from Colleen. If she lands this job, she'll be able to save up some money and come with Mike, Greg, and I on the weekends to check out some houses. I pray to God that she gets the job. That would be magnificent and things would really start to fall into place shortly thereafter.

We all agreed that we would start looking for houses again sometime in mid to late March. Mike and I would like target the moving date anywhere between mid April and early May. Colleen's job, if she gets it, will go straight through to June, but she has stated that she would pay her end of the security early if we were to find another really nice place, by May, that suits all of our needs.

Friday night was a blast, as I went to Murphys in D-town where Bill happened to be bouncing and the band Screaming Broccoli was playing for the crowd at hand. Bill had told me that he could get me in for free on a V.I.P. list since I'm his best friend and he is a bouncer at the joint, so I need to take him up on his offer more often. Murphys on Friday night was just right in terms of the attendance. There was just enough people there to be able to interact with others and dance and things of that nature, but it was not jam packed to the point where one could barely walk a square inch.

Satisfied am I that I was able to get out on both Friday and Saturday night and enjoy some good times with great people. As usual, it feels great to be back in P-town again and especially at Stockton, but I can not wait for this weather to warm up. According to Jack, there is supposed to be some snow coming our way next week. Yeah, that's what the forecasters predicted last weekend as well. I will believe it when I see it, but I really do not care to see it! I hope the forecasters are wrong again. Jack doesn't want any snow because he wants to get his exams done with; he doesn't want them postponed and have to study for them for an extra week.

Obviously I don't want any snow either because I hate shoveling the shit, I like to be able to go out and have a good time, and I do not need to be shackled up inside a not-so-friendly house where my options are so thoroughly limited.

No comments: