Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Revolution of 2007 - A new day this way comes!

Come Friday, June 15, Bill and I will experience a taste of freedom and responsibility for which we have not yet previously enjoyed.

Plenty of news, thoughts, and feelings to cover here at the Blog of Bryan, so lets get right to it.

This Saturday, Jimmy is throwing his graduation party at the Adam Thomas banquet hall by his house. Props to Jimmy, who graduated from Ramapo College, for inviting me to his graduation party. It is sure to be a spectacular event as well as an exciting night for all of the people at hand. I for one hope to see a lot of beautiful women present at this party and celebration. Jimmy mentioned to me a month ago that he invited a number of them for yours truly, LOL! We'll see what happens. I'm just looking forward to having a great time, enjoying the DJ and the open bar, and hanging out with some wonderful folks as well as some beautiful ladies.

Tomorrow, your boy has two interviews at two separate companies. One interview is scheduled to take place at 11am, while the other is hours away later in the afternoon at 1:30pm. Prior to the first interview, I'm heading over to Cuts by Kevin for a fresh haircut and plucking of the eyebrows. For both of these interviews, I intend to bring my A-game and make a major statement because I want to have a really good job being that the move into the new place is just nine days away.

Hopefully these interviews go really well, as I have friends and connections on the inside who are pulling some strings for me. It's not always what you know, but who you know. It's time for B-Money to come out of semi-retirement and get a job. As I said, our (Bill and I) move into the apartment in Mt. Arlington is just nine days away. Come Friday, June 15, Bill and I will experience a taste of freedom of responsibility for which we have not yet previously enjoyed. I am looking forward to this new chapter of our lives with great anticipation. Earlier today, we took a drive up to the apartment to check out the pain job that is currently being done on our pad. The painters laid down the first coat today and they are also doing some spackling, so the place is coming along really nicely.

We're going to be living right across the street from Keith and Ashley, so that's definitely a positive note regarding the location. There are many advantages to the location of our apartment. There are about three gas stations in the immediate vacinity. There's a restaurant down the street. There are two liqour stores and a bar very close by. Fridays, Dunkin Donuts, and bunch of other establishments are located at the bottom of Howard Blvd down the hill. There's a Quickchek (which we all know is NOT Wawa, but that's OK) down the road, so we have plenty of important stores, establishments, and significant places located very close to our apartment.

This new pad has serious potential, and with that potential, comes a number of ideas. It is a plan of mine, as well as Bills, to keep everything in the apartment neat and clean. This is not going to be a place to gets dirty; we will maintain this place to the maximum. We still have to get couches, a kitchen table, some other furniture. I have to get a new bed for my bedroom, which should not be any trouble whatsoever. Bill was able to score a brand new microwave from his place of employment, which is clutch! It's a microwave that actually has a toaster built into it. Very nice. My bedroom, along with the rest of the apartment, is going to stay maintained, clean, and it is going to look neat. Whenever I purchase new shoes or sneakers, I am keeping the boxes and placing the shoes back into their boxes when I am not wearing them. My shoes will not stay out in the open on the floors or anywhere else to pick up any more dirt than they already do when I'm walking around in them. There will be a place for everything, and everything in its place.

Beanie has offered to come over to our place and teach us how to cook. She's even offered to cook some meals for us and she's getting ready to paint pictures for both Bill and I. Obviously she's very excited for us as well as this move.

As I told all of my friends and anybody else who would listen earlier this year, one way or another I knew this day was going to come. I didn't quite know where, and with who, but God willing I was going to get out of my house this year and get my own pad. Originally, I wanted to get a place with Mike, Greg, and Beanie down by the shore in the Ocean County area of New Jersey. There aren't too many people I know who wouldn't want to live down there. Lord knows, we all tried like hell to get a place down there. For whatever reason, landlords and leasing officers were finding some bullshit excuse to deny us. Our luck was not going well as all!

Even after passing credit checks left and right, the excuses kept pouring in. "There's a bunch of you living together, and we're not sure you can handle this" BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! All bullshit. If we couldn't handle it, then why the fuck did we have to do a credit check in the first place???? It's bullshit. Point blank and period. This was an indication to us that maybe it wasn't meant to be. Therefore, I came up North because the jobs were not paying nearly as good down there. I was finding jobs with no problem whatsoever, but the problem was the fact that Mike, Greg, and I just could not manage to score a pad. We had been searching for weeks and weeks on end. Still no such luck.

Up here, looking to get a place with Billy D (my best friend - a guy I grew up with as a young child), we went to one beautiful development in Mt. Arlington, signed up for a credit check, passed with flying colors, and landed a beautiful pad. BOOM! Simple as that. One could say that it was because there were two of us as opposed to three or four. Whatever the case may be, we got it done and we got it done quickly.

Past two or three weeks or so, life had been a bit rocky for yours truly. Not much seemed to be going right and I had to practically swallow my pride and subject myself to ways and actions out of shame and frustration that I would never ever opt to do. I ran into some rough times, but that's OK. It happens, but it's the way you deal with those times, when you have close friends, family, and supporters behind you, that you survive and come back another day to get everything right and get everything in order.

Now, I'm back into a more respectable position, where my boy and I have a crib waiting for us and I have two job interviews tomorrow. It's a beautiful thing, you know what I mean? Wish me luck with those two interviews tomorrow. In addition to the interviews, I have been receiving phone calls left and right from companies and agencies that would like to discuss some opportunities and possibilities with me. In just a matter of days, I went from having nothing to having a variety of opportunities to choose from. Knowing that's the case, I can feel somewhat relieved and be able to pick and choose which position is the best across the board. Whenever you have the opportunity to weigh your options and pick and choose which one you feel is best, it is quite comforting.

Slowly but surely, B-Money is once again beginning to put all facets of life into perspective. I'm putting the pieces of this giant puzzle together to form one beautiful picture that is going to illustrate the next chapter of both my life and Bill's life. This next chapter is seen as somewhat of a renaissance for us, but it is indeed a new beginning. We're starting all over and it will be super sensational. This is the revolution I have been talking about for a year now. This here, is the Revolution of 2007 and it comes to life in just nine short days!!!

No comments: