Thursday, August 16, 2007

My return to the gym, upcoming beer pong weekend, and more!

There is a God. There really is folks. I know I am not him/her. At times it really seems like those walking a higher path than us are not out there to help us. We often wonder if there is a God. There is definitely a God, and that God doesn't necessarily give us what we want. That God doesn't always give us what we want. God does, however, give us what we need.

When it rains it poors, but sometimes the sun does come out. One never knows when exactly the rain is going to subside. One can never predict when the tide is going to turn and the sun is going to shine bright on a dark and depressing situation. The sun has already begun to come out now, and I'm still in the process of making my comeback on this comeback trail that has really stood out here in the year 2007 - a year with a series of unfortunate events.

Throughout this haunting summer, I went through somewhat of a depression economically and spiritually, but I'm coming back BIG TIME. As I told all of you almost a month ago, I am going to demonstrate to you that I am the comeback kid. This is the resurrection of The Great One AKA B-Money! I said I would demonstrate it to you and that is exactly what is happening right now!

We are reaching the end of yet another week (the third week at the new job, to be precise in that regard), but this leads me into the first weekend during which I'll actually be doing something fun and exciting. As you know already, I'm going with Billy D to his boss's house for a party on Saturday afternoon. For the first time in almost a month, I WILL BE PARTYING!!!!! At the party, there will be a beer pong tournament with plenty of beer and food. His boss has even suggested, "As long as everyone brings the beer, I have plenty of food for everyone." Deal! Billy and I are each buying a case of beer; I will probably buy a case of Coors Light. For beer pong, one should always go with quantity over quality. Coors Light, however, is not exactly a brand of beer that one turns one's head the other way at. Coors Light is good stuff.

Last night, I made my return to the gym. While running on the treadmill, I felt tremendous! I haven't felt that good running in a very long time. Maybe it was the thrill and relief of knowing that I am making progress. Perhaps it was the excitement of being back at the gym again. Or maybe, just maybe, it's because I'm fresh as a daisy coming off a long rest. Whatever the case was, I felt like I was exercising a demon out of my system!!!! I felt as though all of the pent up shit that had accumulated from the entire summer was being exercised out of me. After running, I did a few exercises on the circuit and did some light abdominal work.

Following my workout, albeit a light one, I walked into the sauna and sat in there for like half hour before finally taking lengthy yet enjoyable hot shower. As I got dressed and walked out of the gym and headed to my car to drive back home, I was amazed at how much easier I was able to breath. Quite a return to the gym I had made last night. This post is about to come to an abrupt conclusion, because the time has come for me to head back there again.

Stay tuned. More to come your way shortly.

Peace.

No comments: