Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My "contractual period" with Citistreet: the commute to work and back everyday and what it could mean for the long term!

Today was another day in corporate America at Citistreet. Tomorrow is Wednesday and we're one step closer to the weekend. There's a few things that I am noticing at this time. The traffic on the way home from work, during rush hour, is absolutely HORRENDOUS. Not necessarily on I-287, but once I approach the Route 10 Exit on I-287, the traffic really accumulates and that's where my delays to getting back home begin.

Here's an interesting fact - it takes me about 20 to 25 minutes to get from Somerset (Exit 10 on I-287) to Whippany (whatever Exit that is for Route 10 - I think 40 something). That part of the commute takes me approximately 20 to 25 minutes. The trip from Whippany all the way back to my house takes about 45 minutes. How ridiculous is that? Most of this has to do with rush hour and the Northern area of Jersey being overpopulated, but these types of delays are also enhanced by horrendous car accidents.

Driving home on Route 10 today, just coming off I-287, there's a small wreck right in the middle of the rush hour traffic. At that point, the time was about 5:45 - about an hour or so IN TO rush hour. Who gets into car accident in traffic that is moving 10 MPH?????? What the fuck is THAT all about????? Here's the answer - people are not watching where they're driving! Folks, we need to be more alert of our surroundings on the roads! Accidents always happen, but there are more crashes happening on the roads now than ever!!! It's preposterous is what it is. Be careful on the damn roads!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, I happen to be a contractor at Citistreet, which means I am working there on a contract. That means, once the contract is up (end of December), the company has the option of bringing me aboard permanently or thanking me for my help and bidding me adue. When the contract expires, I also have the option to do the exact same thing. Taking into the account the commute and some other things, I am giving my decision in December some serious thought. Once the contract is up, I would really like to find something much closer to where I live and more lucrative. Let the truth be told here at Blog of Bryan. As time marches on, with each passing day, the commute to work and back is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass.

Due to the fact that I working on a contract basis, it gives me time to make my money, save some of it, and thoroughly evaluate what I want my next move to be. I can think deeper in regards to what it is I truly want to do with my life come 2008 and where I want to go. January of 2008 is going to be a key landmark. That's the end of the contract, the start of a fresh new (and hopefully much much much BETTER) year. By that time, I should have quite a bit of money in the bank and feel fresh from the holidays.

As we leave the summer and enter the autumn months, the leaves on the trees will be begin to change color. The days will gradually get shorter. I will have a few months to continue to repair the trauma that was summer 2007 and also have some fun in the process before the start of the new year. Remember what I talked about in the previous post, taking life day by day and honing in on what makes one happy. I will attempt to do this while taking care of business during this contractual period with Citistreet.

Tonight, I will probably head over to Billy D's apartment, when he gets out of class, and give him a haircut. He recently bought a ginormous couch (that can accommodate 10 people and fold out into a bed), so I want to check that out as well. Ladies and gentlemen, that is the state of the game with your boy B-Money. Stay tuned and have a great evening.

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can
i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

Also visit my blog post :: Stretch Mark Creams

Anonymous said...

Very descriptive blog, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a part
2?

Stop by my web blog ... Usaversuschina.Com

Anonymous said...

I enjoy, lead to I found exactly what I was looking for. You have ended
my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
Bye

My weblog - ford ranger forum