Monday, September 24, 2007

Taste of the truth: Gotta take things day by day and try to hone in what makes one happy!

Going to work and coming home, every single day, for five days in a row can be draining at times. It is up to us whether we let it drain us or not. That is why it's important to find things that are pleasing in life - the precious gems of life.

Thank God for weekends like the one I just had. Thank God that I get those two consecutive days a week to just chill out, relax, and let loose. This post is pretty much taking the form of a stream of consciousness.

Yes, I do work. Yes, I am grateful that I have a job and I can make some money - even if it's not quite up to par with what I feel I should be making. Working at Citistreet has been alright. It's located in a beautiful corporate building with mirror windows reflecting the trees, sky, and everything that is the outdoors surrounding the building.

Sometimes, I get bored during the average work day, but I really can't complain too much. Getting ahead is what's important in the long term, but sometimes it feels as though I'm not making enough progress to get to where I want to be. With loan and credit card bills and all that other fun stuff, it becomes increasingly more difficult to reach the pinnacle that I dream of reaching. Will I give up? Absolutely not. I'm still moving forward and doing what I can to live as fruitful a lifestyle as possible.

Lately, I've been going out on Friday nights to Morristown and hitting up Grasshopper with best friend Billy D and whoever else chooses to join us. Sometimes, Jimmy comes along. This past weekend, it was Christine who met up with us. I've been dancing. I've been having some pretty decent times. It is my belief that one needs those times to keep one's sanity. Repetitiveness alone could be enough to drive one insane.

Going to work and coming home, every single day, for five days in a row can be draining at times. It is up to us whether we let it drain us or not. That is why it's important to find things that are pleasing in life - the precious gems of life. Fun. Playtime. Little by little, I want to try to hone in on what makes me happy as I go through this repetitious process of going to work and come home after work day by day. Of course, many people do it and I am surely not alone. Not alone by any means, judging from the that rush hour traffic! LOL.

When I come home from work, I often tell myself that I will clean the room up and organize all of my things. I get around to doing it for about 10 minutes - maybe even a half hour at times - but never truly finish it. Yet, tomorrow is practically here already. Midnight has passed. It is time for bed. Tomorrow is another day in corporate America, and I wish to continue working. I wish to make as much money as possible. Just got to take things day by day I suppose. Food for thought; lets sleep on it.

No comments: