Friday, December 14, 2007

Another great fight night at Miami Mike's last weekend!

Last Saturday night, I went to Miami Mike's in East Hanover with Billy G, Tommy Lenox, and his younger brother Bobby, to watch the Mayweather vs Hatton fight. After picking up Tom and Bobby, Billy G drove over to my house to pick me up as well.

At approximately 9pm we made our arrivals at the Miami Mike's, just in time to see the very beginning of the HBO PPV telecast. This marked my third visit to the vastly evolving sports bar and it proved to be a memorable one. We ordered like five or six pitches or Miller Lite, a sampler appetizer, and entrees. I ordered myself a cheeseburger with provolone cheese and some fries. After the first couple pitchers of beer, I was feeling pretty nice. For the most part, the crowd in attendance was a pro-Mayweather crowd. This was not just a match up for the World Welterweight and Pound for Pound Championships, but also a battle of patriotism in the eyes of the viewers. Country vs. country. USA vs Great Britain. The stakes were high and the fight was pretty good. Mayweather prevailed, retaining his title by means a 10th round TKO.

I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Billy G wanted to see Hatton win the fight and give Mayweather his first loss, but that just wasn't in the cards. HBO viewers can see the replay of the Mayweather vs Hatton tomorrow night, Saturday, December 15, on HBO at 10:15pm PT.

No comments: