Thursday, January 17, 2008

ADP hires other candidates for solutions consultant: All the did was create opportunities for other doors, possibly even bigger doors, to open!

I’m keeping all options open at this time and staying in touch with all of the contacts who might be able to aid me in the journey to bigger money and even brighter living.

Yesterday morning, the sun was super bright! Especially when driving to work, the sun seemed brighter than ever. My visor really came in handy on Interstate 287, let me tell you. Even when I walked into the lobby to make my way up to the fourth floor of Citistreet, the lobby seemed as bright as the heavens. That is the closest Citistreet and the term "heavens" will ever come to each other, believe me. LOL. Nothing against Citistreet at all, but lets not go so far as to refer Citistreet to Heaven.

Perhaps all of that brightness and sunshine is symbolic of what the year has in store for B-Money. Unfortunately, the thing with ADP did not work out. I received word, both via email and voicemail, that they decided to go with other candidates who were better suits for the position. Oh well, with the closing of one door comes the opening of another. ADP is still an excellent company. When working for them as a temporary employee, I can honestly say that it was a terrific opportunity for me. Judging from a phone call I received today, there might be another permanent position for me at ADP in Parsippany for which I will likely have a chance to interview. This illustrates the point I am making that closed doors create chances for other doors to open.

Right now I am just bidding my time and enjoying the start of this year. The main thing is, I’m still making money at my current job throughout this job hunting process. Perhaps it is a career that I seek rather than just a job, but sometimes it takes working at a job for a while before the career comes one’s way. Nonetheless, this is a pretty decent start to the new year.

I’m keeping all options open at this time and staying in touch with all of the contacts who might be able to aid me in the journey to bigger money and even brighter living. The first couple months of this brand new year will mainly consist of paying off a lot of credit, student loans, and some other financial obligations that I must acknowledge. Along with those financial obligations, will also make room for some fun and excitement. I having said all of that, I am really looking forward to the spring and smelling the fresh spring air that comes after those long months of winter, cold germs, and freezing temperatures.

Focus on the present. That is pretty common advice. However, this will be a year in which I get a step or two closer to what I want in life. The key to all of that is staying on top of these contacts that I have and making sure that I’m continuously bringing in income. Bring in some income (even if it’s not quite what I want at this time) is better than nothing at all; at times I have had to learn that lesson the hard way. I’m doing alright right now; there’s always room for improvement and change for the better.

Long day at work. I went in at 8:30. I didn't get out until 7pm. Do you know what means? B-Money is tired. Stay tuned for further updates in the coming days and weeks. Bedtime fuckers.

Peace.

No comments: