Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bracing myself for weekend in Lavallette and Stockton Career Fair!

Attending Stockton Career Fair on February 6!

Allow me to take this time to speak about the big weekend at Crazy Mike’s shore house upcoming this weekend. I’ll be leaving work at whatever time on Friday and heading straight down to the Lavallette on Friday evening.

After the renowned new years celebration we all had the benefit of enjoying down there, I’m looking forward to having a blast once again when I spend the weekend down in Lavallette at the Jersey shore for Mike’s birthday. Yeah I realize we're in the middle of the winter, but you must realize that it takes a hell of a lot more than a season to prevent me from making a trek and spending a weekend in a beautiful town on a wonderful island with friends that I love.

Along with Mike’s birthday taking place on the weekend, Groundhog Day is also coming up. We shall see if we get six more weeks or winter or if the groundhog sees his shadow. If he sees the shadow, we’re supposed to get an early spring. This is all clearly a myth. As you may recall, the groundhog also saw his shadow last year and it seemed as though winter lasted up until April!

In other news, I will be heading down to The Richard Stockton College of NJ on February 6, 2008 for
this year’s spring career fair. A number of reputable companies, such as Ameriprise Financial, Merrill Lynch, NJM Manufacturers, State Street Corporation (which happens to the second of the two companies merged together in CitiStreet; the other being CitiGroup), and EZ Worldwide Express will be present at the career fair.

I believe, with the new year and all the new hopes, goals, and aspirations I have for myself here in 2008, it is once again time to begin looking at potential companies to work for. The years 2006 and 2007 were relatively the same for me in terms of where I worked what I made, but the time has come for me to try and take this to next level. That is what I will attempt to do on February 6 at Stockton.

Also on that date,
Stockton College and Rowan University will be playing against each other in a basketball game at Stockton. Prior to the game, alumni are invited to a pre-game reception that will be taking place from 5:30 to 8pm. That should be a pretty decent time, as I haven’t been to Stockton all that much in the past year or so for anything other than Jack’s graduation this past December. It’s nice to stay on top of what’s happening at my school. It’s nice to be able to go back and visit every now and then. Career fair is as good of a reason as any to return to the beloved Osprey’s Nest!

CitiStreet has been alright for me in terms of my day to day work life and helping me to maintain my current lifestyle. For the most part, my days are currently stress less. However, the commute still remains the same, and now that we’re in the middle of the winter season, the commute might even be a little more chaotic than normal.

As long as I continue to work and continue to bring in a solid income, I will be just fine. I’m living alright and continuing to do my thing, but there’s always room for improvement and progression. There’s always the next level, and sometimes one must work for a while to get to that level, so I remain patient, persistent, and focused.

Having said all of that, this year is off to a pretty good start, with me staying on top of my bills and paying them all on time. Organization is key to easier living baby! So far, it’s kept me level headed in this new year, which shockingly is almost a month old.

No comments: