Monday, January 14, 2008

Interviewed at ADP in Clifton!

There is currently a heavy snow storm watch in effect for this area. Looking out the window a second ago, I can see that it is in fact snowing and the ground is already covered. The roads are not quite there yet, but they may very well get there soon. Exactly how bad the roads get will determine when I go into work tomorrow if I do go in at all.

Speaking of work, that's another topic that I have been meaning to discuss. When coming up the elevator and getting off at my floor at Citistreet for work on the morning of Wednesday, January 2, I received a phone call. Looking at the phone number of the person who called me, I noticed it was a 973 number. I didn’t know who that was, so I waited to see if they were going to leave me a voicemail message. Surely enough, a message was in my voicemail box. Listening to the voicemail, it was a recruiter from ADP telling me that she saw my resume and wanted me to give her a call back. ADP! Yes, the excellent company I worked for last year. They called me about my resume.

When I called the recruiter back, she informed me that there was a permanent position available in their Clifton office in Client Services and Payroll. She suggested that the position, Solutions Center Consultant, would require eight weeks of training and asked if I would like to come in for an interview? I replied with the only logical answer there was for me to give her, “absolutely”. Two days into the year, I already had an interview scheduled for a permanent job position with ADP. What a way to start the new year! On Tuesday, January 8 at 3:30 pm, I went for my interview at the Clifton ADP on a day that I used as one of my paid personal days, sweetening the honey pot even more so!

I feel as though the interview went really well. Two people interviewed me and they asked a number of questions, all of which I had a candid yet logical answer for. As I was leaving the office, the lady who interviewed me told me that I should expect a call anywhere from five to seven business days. We'll see what happens.

Alright, I'm getting tired now. It's time for me to get to sleep. More to come in the near future.

No comments: