Wednesday, January 30, 2008

R.I.P. Gina Durham

Sadly, a student at the Richard Stockton College of NJ has passed away and will be missed by many.

The campus community at the Richard Stockton College of NJ received a solar plexus blow over the weekend, as one of its beloved students and members of numerous clubs, Gina Durham, passed away last Friday night.

I personally choose not to go into the details of her passing. What I will say is that I did not personally know Durham, nor did I ever really ever talk to her. It was never a result of bad blood or dislike on either side. I just never really had the chance to hang out with her long enough or see her. Throughout my tenure as a student at Stockton, I may have said hello to this girl one or two times, due to the fact that I never really saw her and participated in any of the same activities that she was involved in.

What I do know from those around me who happened to know her, is that she was one hell of a person and a very nice girl. She was bright, beautiful, and was starting her final semester of her senior year. She was on track to graduate in May of 2008. What a sad and unfortunate tragedy. Even though I didn’t really know her that well, it hit me pretty hard when I was made aware of the news. My condolences go out to Durham’s family and friends. May she rest in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah..it hit HER pretty hard, too!
http://www.michael-crook.com/2009/01/26/how-the-mighty-have-fallen-again/