Sunday, February 24, 2008

Storm watch gives me day off, heavyweight unification, and my love for coffee!

We finally had a snow storm on Friday and it prevented me from even attempting to go to work. Congratulations to those wealthy weather forecasters who were right for the first time this winter!! Practically every time they predicted a snow storm, we got nothing. Times when we weren't expecting snow due to the fact that the weather people weren't calling for it, we'd get a couple surprise flurries. This past Friday, however, they were finally on the money.

When I woke up at 6:30 am on Friday morning and looked at the window, I instantly thought to myself, "I'm not going to work today with the roads looking like that." Wise decision on my part, as I noticed all of the accidents on the road while watching the news. Therefore, I had my second three day weekend in a row and only went to work three days last week. This week, however, should produce a full, five day week of work. I'm all about hustling; I shall return to work tomorrow, wired with positive thoughts and intentions of conquering the world! Yes the winter is still in effect and we have some of that freezing fluffy white stuff on the grounds, but spring is not very far away. God willing, spring will be here in full force next month.

This weekend was a rather quite weekend in terms of going out or making or fulfilling any plans. On Saturday night, I basically stayed in and watched the heavyweight championship unification fight between Wladimir Klitschko and Sultan Ibragimov. Klitschko won a highly uneventful unanimous decision over Ibragimov, thus taking home the IBF, IBO, and WBO belts. While the fight didn't produce any type of fireworks of crowd pleasing excitment, it did illustrate Klitschko's physical gifts as well as his boxing ability.

I just wish he would've fired more right hands and left hooks in attempt to get his opponent out of there. Seeing how easy it was for Klitschko for connect to Ibragimov, and how frequently Klitschko's punches found their targets, he should've never allowed his opponent to make it to the final bell. But that's boxing. Not every fight is going to be pleasing to eye. Through it all, excitement and bore, I remain a loyal and hardcore fight fan.

Lately, I've been drinking a lot of coffee. It keeps me wired. At work I drink it almost every day. My bosses notice it as well, and they always mention to me that I am wired and alert as result of my coffee fix. I don't know if that's good or bad, but damn does it keep me wired and ready to take care of business. Funny thing is, I was never really a big coffee drinker prior to my years at college. Once I went to school and subjected myself to all-night study sessions, I discovered the need for coffee. In discovering that need, I became somewhat addicted to coffee and now I have a love affair with it. Starbucks makes sensational coffee.

I went to Starbucks at Target today and bought myself a Grande sized coffee. Wired. Completely. Of course, I didn't necessarily have anything to be wired for today, but it's a good feeling. I find that I do some good thinking when I'm wired from drinking a cup of coffee. It really wakes me up. Superb. I love coffee. Had to say it. Now I'm rambling. LOL.

No comments: