Monday, March 17, 2008

Miami Mike's this past weekend for Pacquiao/Marquez II!

Wow, it's been a few weeks since I have posted any type of update here at this tremendous website of mine. Plenty has been going on in my life, so I haven't really had much time to fill you in on all of it.

For now, I will touch base with you regarding my Saturday night with Michelle.


This past weekend, after being a total sweetheart and buying me dinner, Michelle accompanied me to Miami Mike's to watch the super featherweight title fight/rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez. For more on what went down in that fight, feel free to check out my report at Blog of Bryan's boxing brother site Boxing Chronicles. The fight was an enjoyable crowd pleasing seesaw battle in which Pacquiao was barely declared the victor by a razor thin split decision.

For the second time in a row, Miami Mike was not charging a cover for entry so I watched a $49.95 Pay Per View telecast for absolutely no charge whatsoever. Yeah, I paid for my alcoholic beverages but I probably would've been paying for beer and drinks at the liqour store as well and bringing the alcohol home with me, had I watched the fight on PPV at home. However, I would've been paying an extra $49.95, on top of the money paid for liqour at the liquor store, to do that. Therefore, Miami Mike's has become my ideal venue for viewing of all PPV boxing events and I am very proud of that.

Miami Mike was actually sitting right in front of me at the bar for the duration of the main event, enjoying the fight as well as the basketball games that were being shown on some of the other television monitors in his bar.

Michelle didn't feel well at all; as the night went on she had a headache that progressively got worse. I felt bad for the discomfort she was going through, but I was happy to see her and hang out with her once again nonetheless. Furthermore, it was pretty noisy at the sports bar and my screaming due to the pleasure I was having of watching such a sensational action fight surely contributed to her headache. At the end of the night, I felt as though I had irritated her, but she assured me that she was getting a headache prior to our arrival at Miami Mikes.

Nonetheless, I was happy to see Michelle and to witness such a terrific sporting event at the number one sports bar in the state of NJ, Miami Mikes.

I'm looking forward to going back there on the eve of May 31, when former welterweight champions Shane Mosley and Zab Judah battle each other in a twelve round welterweight fight of significance on HBO PPV.

No comments: