Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hello ladies and gentlemen, remember me?

B-Money breaks his silence again, after some crazy times!

Well it's been a while since I've posted anything on here, so how about another update? What do you say? I take that as a yes, so here we go.

I'll have you know that I recently applied for a state job that my close friend Mike had informed me of. In fact, he currently works there himself in New Brunswick. The position is that of Claims Adjudicator and there are three different locations for it. Open positions are located in New Brunswick, Newark, and Trenton. My primary preference, obviously, would the New Brunkswick location. However, my training would likely take place in Newark for the first twelve weeks before the job actually starts - if I pass the training process. I sent my completed application along with the $15 application fee to the New Jersey Department of Personnel, so we'll see what happens regarding that situation.

This past Saturday, I went out with a gang of close friends to the Grasshopper in Motown. Damn, it's been a while since I went to Grasshopper. Those who came out with me were Billy D, Billy G, Beanie, and Raph. Before heading off to Motown, we had a pregame at my house during which I got a little out of hand with the beer consumption. LOL. It happens sometimes. It had been a while since I went out to a bar or club, so one would say I got just a little excited about the occasion. Once I arrived at the Grasshopper, one might say I was not exactly in my purest form. No ladies and gentlemen. In fact, I probably the farthest from it that I have been in a while. Our intentions were to meet up with this girl Ashlee I've been talking to as of late, as well as her friend Sam.

Throughout the evening, I semi-ignored Ashlee and made my rounds throughout different areas of the bar. My friends didn't really take offense to my behavior, as they clearly implied to me that I was fine and well behaved around them. At no point during our hours spent at the bar did I become the least bit enraged or even go so far as to have an outburst at the bar, but damn was I ever a dick to her! At the end of night, when leaving the bar, I pretty much just waved her a goodbye which was about as dickheadish as a dude, who had been seeing and talking to that girl for almost two months, could possibly get. I don't know what exactly got into me that evening, or what it was that crept up my ass and spread it's claws, but she definitely didn't deserve all of that. No way. She did nothing to me to deserve any of that kind of treatment.

I definitely sent some outrageously rude drunken text messages early on Sunday morning as well. What the fuck happened to me????? Usually I am a jolly drunk. My closest friends and family can all attest to that. Who knows? But it's water under the bridge now. It's all behind me and one can't go back in time and change what has already been done or broken. All we can do is live, learn, and move on from our mistakes. We can never promise that we won't make mistakes ever again, all we can do is try our best to minimize how frequently they happen.

On a semi bright note, some nice pictures were taken of us folks who were present at the bar. Hopefully I get a chance to see those pictures at some point. If not, that's alright as well. Even though I still kinda feel blaaaaah-ish, I also feel like this is a brand new week and I have recovered and somewhat regained my faculties, more or less, from that ugly and unpleasant debacle. My sincerest apologies for that showing on my part.

Life goes on!

No comments: