Thursday, September 04, 2008

Go see Step Brothers!

This past weekend, when Mike came up to D-town to spend the day with me, we went to the AMC theater over at the Rockaway Mall to see Step Brothers starring Will Ferrell (one of my favorites) and John C. Reilly.

The basic plot deals with two guys, Brennan Huff (Ferrell) and Dale Doback (Reilly). Brennan is a sporadically unemployed 39 year old who lives at home with his mother Nancy. Dale is terminally unemployed 40 year old who lives at home with his father Robert. When Nancy and Robert get married, Brennan and Dale are forced to live with one another and even share a bedroom.

The shit that happens to this dysfunctional wreck of a family throughout the movie is hysterical. I won't kill the story or the quotes for any of you, but I will suggest that you go see this movie -- especially if you are a Will Ferrell fan. Lately his movies have been hit or miss to some extent, but this was probably his best movie since Blades of Glory, or even Achorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (which I think is an all-time classic of Ferrell's).

The woman who plays Nancy is such a MILF! I can only hope that my wife, if I ever find the right woman to stay with and eventually marry, is 1/4 as hot as this woman is when she hits 55 years of age!

No comments: