Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween, Election Day, and B-Money's 28th birthday celebration are all vastly approaching!

There's always that quiet calm before the big storm, and Halloween weekend coupled with B-Money's much anticipated 28th birthday extravaganza is sure to cause thunder and lighting!

This weekend is pretty much the calm before the series of consecutive storms, as there's not a hell of a lot going on this weekend. I got some family coming to visit tomorrow, which should be pretty nice for a low key weekend of this sort. Other than that, I'm just taking it easy for most part and saving some money as well as my energy for the next two weekends upcoming.

As you are well aware, one week from tonight is Halloween night. On Halloween night, I'll be partying it up at Bamboo (my debut at Bamboo, I once again reiterate) in Seaside with Colleen, Raph, Greg, Mike, and others. My costume is off the hook; I look forward to getting my dance on, my costume on, and my drink on. Some people refer to Seaside as Sleezside, noting that it's filled with scumbags, young punks, and all that other shit. Not entirely true. What it is filled with, in the summer for the most part, is the Staten Islanders, who have their beach houses in Seaside and other surrounding beach points. They go down to those locations for the summer and heavily populate the bars by the shore.

These summer time frequenters I have just described to you have often been referred to by the shore heads as BENNYs. In case you didn't know, BENNY is an acronym for Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, and New York. The concept of a benny was derived from the fact that people, long ago, would travel to the beaches using a train as their means of transportation. At one time, the only locations close to the Jersey Shore, which had train stations, were Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, and New York. Hence, naming a person who comes down to the Jersey Shore from North Jersey a benny. Your average benny puts on a greater than average portion size of sun tan lotion without fully rubbing it in, gets overly excited about going to the shore when summer time rolls around, and will sometimes rent a house by the shore, even if it is only for a week, for up to as much as $1,000. Just a little educational piece for all of you Blog of Bryan faithfuls.

Let's get back to the much anticipated Halloween weekend. Earlier today I was talking to Mike. He suggested that Halloween weekend could be the most exciting and fun filled weekend he has hosted since New Years. The celebration we had for New Years, leading up to New Years Eve 2007, is a big pair of shoes to fill. That was one fucking amazing time, but I have a feeling Halloween weekend will manage to rival that. The following day, we'll be taking a road trip out to PA to hit up Lambertville and possibly even New Hope. I definitely want to check out New Hope, as I heard it's a pretty nice little city out there in PA.

Two weeks from tomorrow night, my 28th birthday celebration in Morristown will be taking place. The countdown to this special extravaganza has already begun. I'm really looking forward to that night, as are many of my closest companions and supporters. There's no question that B-Money's 28th birthday celebration is another eagerly anticipated event, one of which many are looking forward to. I hope to see many of my best friends, a number of familiar faces, and possibly even some new ones (preferably of the female variety, lol) present at George and Marthas come November 8. The next few weeks are going to be off the hook for B-Money! Stay tuned for more as we reach these anticipated events, as you do not want to miss a beat.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08!

No comments: