Friday, November 14, 2008

Recent series of events Part II: Trip to New Hope, PA on Halloween weekend!

I do realize that I have remained idol as it pertains to updating this page, but I've been a busy man as of late. Each day at work has been practically the same - converting documents and emails to PDF files for these audit packages that we are working on. To be honest, it's pretty easy work for the money I'm pulling in.

Some might say the doc prep project is tedious and repetitious, but I really don't mind it at all. I could either be there working on a special project in a different department, or I could just as easily be one of the 6% currently unemployed in what is currently a shitty economy in our country. As a result of the country's current circumstances, I'm proud to be in the first of the two scenarios I just described and I will continue to bring in that paper dollar as long as I can help it. I've been going to work day to day and continuing to get my money game right, as I strive to rise above my infamous nickname of B-Money. Much has happened in the last two weeks, between Halloween, Barack Obama's electoral victory for the presidency, and my birthday.

Getting back to the Halloween weekend down in Lavallette...

The next morning, after Halloween night at Bamboo, we prepared for our trip out to New Hope, PA. Prior to getting on the road to head for New Hope, we all stopped at Wawa and picked up some breakfast. I didn't get much at the time - just a sandwich, some pepperoni and cheese, coffee, and orange juice. Mike drove Greg, Beanie, Raph and myself, while Ray drove Mel and Chris. After about two hours of being on the road, we arrived in New Hope safe and sound. There's actually a bridge - one that can be driven and walked across - that connected New Hope, PA with Lambertville, NJ, which was pretty cool. We paid for our parking and then 'walked' across to New Hope. Mike, who had previously been in that area before, took us on a walk through one of the trails.

After walking for a while and checking out this really neat antique shop (although New Hope is notorious for antique shops, so this was clearly just one out of a bunch), we decided that it was time to grab a bite to eat. Originally we had intended to do dinner at this place called the Cock and Bull, but there was a huge wait for that restaurant. Instead, we went to this really nice Italian restaurant (I'm ashamed to say that the name of the place escapes me at this moment), but it was a beautiful place with delicious gourmet Italian food. We dined outside; I order spaghetti and meatballs with a glass of Reunite Lambrusco.

Even though winter is vastly approaching and we were freezing our asses off as the night progressed, I still enjoyed the dining experience outside. Throughout the meal, I felt as though I was dining somewhere in Italy. Before heading back to Lavallette, Beanie, Raph, and I stopped off at Starbucks. Beanie got some hot chocolate, while I ordered a tall portion sized Pumpkin Spice Latte. Over all, I would say we had a fun time and adventurous time in New Hope PA.

Upon returning to the beach house in Lavallette, we all managed to play a quick game of Apples to Apples (in which Mike emerged as the victor), before eventually calling it a night.

The next post will go into the details of my birthday party, which took place last Saturday night at the Grasshopper in Morristown, NJ. Prior to the birthday celebration, a number of us went to Cluck U in Randolph for dinner where Greg Root took a bite of a 911 wing and had an interesting and comical reaction to the 911 sauce. More on that later - Stay tuned!

No comments: