Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Watching Christmas movies on Christmas Eve!

I just got done watching the 1951 classic A Christmas Carol starring Alastair Sim, who in my opinion is the best Scrooge in existence. As a family tradition, we have always watched that version of A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve.

As I was getting up this morning, I felt a little bit of bug and hoped to God I was not getting sick again. Bill called and asked me if I would like to go to Wallmart with him for some last minute Christmas shopping, so I did just that. It turns out it's not nearly as bad as the cold I had last month, as I feel better than I did at that time and I'm taking extra precautions by popping cough drops and Ibuprofen.

Right now, I'm watching The Santa Clause with Tim Allen; another great Christmas movie. Hard to believe that Christmas Day is tomorrow; it came so quick this year, but it seems to come quicker and quicker every passing year. Having finished all of my Christmas shopping, I am ready to exchange gifts tomorrow morning and that should be lovely.

Greg's Christmas party down in Cinnaminson was inevitably cancelled due to the weather conditions last weekend, but that didn't stop me from making a random trek down to Lavallette last Saturday night to spend an evening with Mike, Greg, and Angela. We ended up going to Hemingway's Cafe in Seaside, where I finally made a debut appearance. Hemingway's is homey looking, especially this time of year, with the the red Christmas lights blazing around the joint inside. For the most part, I sat at the bar with Greg and watched a football game.

For a brief period of time, Greg, Mike, and I walked out onto the dance floor, while Angela waited at the table her and Mike were sitting at. Overall, it was a pretty nice time. It's safe to say that I will certainly be returning to Hemingway's again, especially on a number of occasions over the summer, in the coming year.

That's about all for now ladies and gentlemen. Be sure to come back again for more updates, as there will be a countdown to 2009 post, outlining the most significant Blog of Bryan posts and times of the year 2008, which turned out to be a rather decent year! Peace.

P.S. I'll be expecting you any moment now, Santa Claus AKA Jolly Old Saint Nick. Milk, cookies, maybe even a glass of Merlot.... whatever you want big guy. Actually, perhaps we'll exnay the erlotmay, as I don't want you flying around on your sleigh under the influence. I'll be here the whole night; see you soon! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great delіνегy. Οutstаnding arguments.
Keep up thе gooԁ еffοrt.


Visit my page - bucket trucks for sale
Also visit my website ... utility bucket trucks

Anonymous said...

Wаy cool! Sοme very valid pointѕ! I appгеciate уou penning this artiсle and also
the rest of the site is аlѕо really good.


Here is my ωеb sіte - bucket trucks
Also visit my web blog :: bucket trucks

Anonymous said...

Uѕeful info. Foгtunate me I found your wеb site by accident, and I'm stunned why this accident did not took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

Also visit my weblog; http://www.efficienttaxiservice.com
My web page - taxicab irving tx

Anonymous said...

Fіrst оff I would like to say terгifіc blog!
I had a quicκ quеstion that I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I've haԁ diffіcultу clearing my thoughts іn gettіng
my thoughtѕ οut. Ι do enjοу wгiting howеver it juѕt sеemѕ like thе fіrst 10 to
15 minuteѕ arе uѕuаlly ωastеԁ
just tryіng to figuгe out how to begin.
Any iԁеas оr tiρѕ? Cheers!


Feel frее tо suгf to mу blog; tens unit supplies