Tuesday, June 23, 2009

R.I.P. Ed McMahon

Ed McMahon passed away in Los Angeles today at the age of 86. Although he was fighting foreclosure on his house, he had lived a wealthy and prosperous life. As recently as February, McMahon was hospitalized for pnemeunia and had reportedly been suffering from several other health problems in recent years. Best known as Johnny Carson's sidekick [Heerrrre's Johnny!] on the 'Tonight Show' for over 30 years, my most vivid memories of McMahon date back to the old school days on Central Ave in D-town when friends of mine from high school and other acquaintances would come over to my house. Fascinated with the idea that I had a picture of Ed McMahon at my house, they would take the picture and place it over the picture of Jesus that hung on my living room wall. Yes, they put Ed McMahon's picture over Jesus's picture. Is that just nuts? They did it for you, Ed!
Rest in Peace.

No comments: