Saturday, June 27, 2009

The weekend that started with The Hangover!

After getting out of work at about 5PM yesterday, I went over to Mike's house in Edison to meet up with Mike, Chris, and Angela. Along the way, I ended up getting lost on Rt 27, which goes out into the middle of absolutely no where once you get beyond New Brunswick!

You actually go through the South Brunswick/Monmouth Junction area, which is a pretty nice little area, but once you make your way South of that point, you're out in the middle of nowhere. All of a sudden I noticed a building with a banner on it that contained a telephone number with a 609 area code, which was my queue to turn around immediately!

I made my way back up North, with the help of the directions that Mike text messaged me, and made a right turn at the Wawa that is located in North Brunswick to get back onto Rt 1 again. Not a fun ride at all; getting lost and hitting traffic is never fun (the two of them combined is almost as bad as Chinese water torture). Eventually I finally arrived at Mike's house at approximately 7:45 PM.

Usually I take the Garden State Parkway to Rt 27, which dumps me off in Mike's area right around Wood Ave, but this time I took I-287 to Rt 27 as a shortcut and it backfired on me big time. Once I got to Mike's house, we all took off and went to the North Brunswick Pub on Rt 1 for dinner. After dinner we went to the movie theater at the Menlo Park Mall to see The Hangover (from the director of Old School). That had to be the funniest movie I've seen in five years. B-Money gives it two thumbs up.

The four main characters in the movie are Phil, Alan, Stu, and Doug. Doug is a bachelor who has a wedding coming up. These four guys are friends who decide to throw Doug a bachelor party in Las Vegas, but their party gets out of hand after going up on the roof of the hotel they're staying at to enjoy a celebratory toast. They discover in the midst of their hangover the next morning that they misplaced their bachelor at some point during their alcohol and drug induced escapades from the previous night! LMAO. That's all I am going to tell you, ladies and gentlemen.

Do you want to see all of the trouble and funny shit these guys go through during their drunkenness as well as their adventure to find their bachelor friend? Go see The Hangover, which is currently playing in theaters. Some guys just can't handle Vegas! That was a laugh I sorely needed after all that happened earlier this week.

No comments: